My Guide Website?
Taormina Half-Day Sicilian Cooking Class & Market Tour57 Reviews
Learn to cook like a Sicilian on a 6-hour food and cookery tour in Taormina. Visit the local fruit and vegetable market, as well as fishmongers to select your fresh ingredients. Then cook traditional recipes under the guidance of a professional chef.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Visit the local fruit and veg and fish markets of Taormina
- Learn to cook traditional Sicilian recipes
- Enjoy a meal with wine and dessert of all you have prepared
- Get hands-on help to make fresh egg pasta, meatballs and more
- End with some delicious Sicilian wine
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day journey through the food culture of Sicily on a half-day combined market tour and cookery class. Start by meeting your chef for a guided tour of the local markets. Savor the aromas and colors of Sicily’s produce, selecting ingredients to prepare your lunch. Meet the fruit and vegetable vendors to find out what’s in season, and the fishmonger to choose the fresh catch of the day. Then, head to the kitchen for a hands-on cooking class in the company of Chef Massimo. You will learn to make some of his family recipes and Sicilian specialties, such as ricotta-stuffed zucchini flowers, a rainbow of sautéed peppers, eggplant and zucchini caponata, stuffed artichokes, and fresh egg pasta. For your main, you will prepare a fish, meat or vegetarian dish, such as involtini (rolled stuffed beef), fish cooked Taormina-style, or polpette (meatballs). End by making a typical Sicilian dessert, before enjoying a lunch based on the foods you prepared in class. Wash it all down with some delicious Sicilian wines.
IncludesGuided tour of the local market to find ingredients (if morning departure selected) Cooking lesson Wine tasting (2 types of wine) Lunch (several courses and dessert) with beverages Apron Taxes
- Bookings cancelled before 15:00 on the day before the cooking class day will be charged a 50% service fee. For no-shows, the full cost of the tour will be charged
- The tour of the local market is only available on the morning departure