Palermo Half-Day Cooking Class & Market Tour25 Reviews
A real cooking class on Sicilian Typical cuisine, a premiere cuisine in Italy. You will meet the chef in the morning and you will go together to the old market Capo to buy the fresh food you will use to cook the dishes.
- Enjoy a cooking class that teaches you to make traditional Sicilian dishes
- Go with the chef to the market to buy fresh and seasonal ingredients
- Cook 6 separate courses, and afterward, enjoy eating them along with Sicilian wine
DescriptionEmbark on a half-day journey that will familiarize you with the ingredients, techniques, recipes, and tastes of Sicilian food! With your group of no more than 8 people, travel from an apartment in the heart of Palermo to Market Vucciria or Capo. Here you will purchase fresh and seasonal ingredients needed for the meal. Then return to the apartment and get started. You will be guided by a chef who will help and oversee as you work. In true Sicilian tradition, begin with a starter, followed by a primo (pasta), a second (which includes fish or meat), caponata (a vegetable stew salad of eggplants, celery, green olives, and capers), and a typical Sicilian cake. Along with your meal, you will taste 6 Sicilian wines, specifically chosen to pair with your courses. It is a great chance to start to cook like a Sicilian, and prepare the classic dishes in a very easy and enjoyable way!
IncludesIngredients as per itinerary Lunch Sicilian wine tasting (wide selection available) Drop off (available upon request)
- Please note, this tour is both gastronomically and culturally themed. It is a food and wine experience with authentic and traditional Sicilian cuisine. During the way back from the market to the house, you will also take in a beautiful view of ancient and Baroque Palermo
- Vegetarian and gluten-free menus are also available
- On request it is possible to take a private cooking class for smaller groups, with different starting times
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY