My Guide Website?
Ragusa: Ricotta Making Expereince at a Farm with Dinner
Discover farm-fresh flavors on with this Ricotta making workshop in Ragusa. Discover the history of centuries-old milk production techniques and savor a delicious dinner with this authentic tour.
- Finish your experience with a delectable dinner comprised of local products
- Take home a new skill as you uncover the process of creating fresh ricotta
- Go on a journey as you unlock the secrets of processing milk into ricotta
- Dive into the importance of milk in the diet and find out about its marketing
- Soak up the tranquility and beauty of the Italian countryside in rural Ragusa
DescriptionUncover the secrets of Italian animal husbandry with this farm tour in Ragusa. Watch the milking of the cows and find out how to make ricotta cheese from scratch with an an Italian-speaking guide. Finish your tour with a dinner comprised of local products. Meet your guide at a farm in the countryside and breath in the fresh air. Find out about the ancient techniques involved in processing milk. See and learn all the stages of the milk journey, from milking the cows, to the processing of 'tuma.' Learn how it is transformed into ricotta and other dairy products. Listen as your guide reveals the importance of milk in the 'food pyramid.' Cover milk production, processing and marketing. View the various characteristics of cows and learn how to make fresh ricotta cheese. To end the tour on a high note tuck into mouth-watering dinner that has been locally-sourced.
IncludesDinner Milking cows Ricotta making demonstration in Italian Translator (available to purchase as an add-on)
- When making reservations, it is important to point out any food and beverage intolerances or allergies
- The tour is solely in Italian, but an English translator is available for an extra price