From Catania: Mount Etna Trekking Experience
Are you a business owner in Sicily?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Sicily.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a full-day excursion with 5-6 hours of trekking on Mount Etna
- Discover of the volcano at 2,000 meters above sea level
- Visit a volcanic cave
DescriptionThis tour is designed for those who aren’t used to trekking but are in good physical shape. You will get the chance to stop, but this path is pretty simple due to the very few obstacles. The guide will pick you up in Catania, where your excursion starts from, close to your hotel or in a pre-arranged place at around 8:30 AM. The excursion consists of 5 to 6 hours of trekking around the most interesting places on the northeastern slope of Etna, scene of the last impressive eruption. Walk to Piano Provenzana or to the Serracozzo cave, overlooking the Bove Valley. You might take different naturalistic paths to include circumnavigation of a button-like row of craters, lava-flowing caves, and native plants, and much more. During the excursion, you will reach a maximum altitude of 2,000 meters. You will be back in Catania at around 6:00 or 6:30 PM. You will be dropped off at the same place as you were picked up.
IncludesA professional and passionate nature guide Transportation from your hotel in Catania by minibus or jeep Snacks, water, and wine Insurance Helmets and torches (and snowshoes if necessary) Anything not specified above
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet minimum number requirements
- In the event of this occurring, or in case of bad weather conditions you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You need a mountain jacket and trekking shoes with thick socks. If you don’t have them, the guide may decide you cannot take part in the excursion. If you inform the local partner in advance they will be provided for you
- Bring a small bottle of water, as well as a backpack to carry the packed lunch provided at the start of the trek
- Infant seats are available on request at the time of booking
- Vegetarian, vegan and celiac options are available
- Not wheelchair accessible
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Aeolian Islands Tour to Lipari and Vulcano
Visit two of the Aeolian Islands, a UNESCO Heritage Site in Sicily. Fist visit Vulcano, shaped in two extinct craters where you can explore the island and mud-baths. Later visit Lipari, the capital, with its museums, food and beautiful white beaches.From €125.00
From Taormina: Isola Bella Mini Cruise
Discover the “Pearl of the Ionian Sea” on a 2.5-Hour boat cruise along the coastline of Sicily from Giardini Naxos to Isola Bella. Explore the Blue Grotto and swim in27 ReviewsFrom €35.00
Taormina: 3.5-Hour Food-Hopping Tour and Tasting with a View
No matter where you go in Taormina, your eye always catches a glimpse of the beautiful Etna volcano. On your food-hopping tour, discover the secret hot spots of Taormina’s delightful cuisine!
Driver in SicilyPalermo, Sicily
Driver in Sicily is a team of experienced and well English speaking chauffeurs, dedicated to provide you with best service possible along with info on the areas you requi
Farida TravelTaormina, Sicily
Farida Travel has been succesfully and reliably helping its customers for more than 30 years now, with excursions, car hire, flights, boat trips, airport transfers, cruis
Taormina: 2-Hour Food Hopping Tour
A food hopping tour in Taormina which combines a 2-hour walking tour with 6 tastings of some of the most famous and typical dishes Taormina has to offer. Together with yoFrom €39.00
From Catania: Full-Day Mount Etna and Taormina Tour
Explore the dramatic landscape of Mount Etna and it's neighboring town of Taormina on this full-day private tour. Set on the stunning coastline of Sicily, discover a frag226 ReviewsFrom €100.00
From Palermo: Mount Etna Full-Day Trip
Get back to nature on a day trip to the active volcano of Mount Etna from Palermo. Travel across Sicily with an English-speaking driver, and then gaze into the inactive S7 ReviewsFrom €65.00
Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
Discover the untouched nature of Mount Etna on an ATV. See lava flows, volcanic craters and the magnificent Coruccio Cave.7 ReviewsFrom €199.00
Muciara Diving CenterAeolian-Islands, Sicily
Muciara Diving Center has 15 outstanding dive sites in concession around the island of Salina and is also enabled to dive in the Marine Archaeological Park of the Aeolian