My Guide Website?
Catania: Mount Etna Morning or Sunset Day Trip with Tasting2525 Reviews
Explore Mount Etna on a guided day trip, either privately or on a shared, small-group experience. Try some local delicacies, investigate Etna’s lava flow caves, and enjoy roundtrip transportation.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- From Taormina: Siracusa & Noto Small-Group Tour
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- Noto, Modica and Ragusa: The Baroque Tour from Catania
- Catania: Noto, Modica and Ragusa Ibla Baroque Tour
- Enjoy a professional local guide who will accompany your group
- Relax during an air-conditioned free pickup and drop-off at your hotel
- Explore Mount Etna at 2,000 meters up
- Try Sicilian cantucci biscuits and zibibbo wine
- Experience a guided trek around its craters, landscape, and lava flow cave
DescriptionEnjoy an adventurous day trip to Mount Etna, including free roundtrip transfers from Catania. Best of all, customize your tour according to your needs, choosing from either a private or small-group experience in a choice of languages. Explore the volcano’s ancient craters, a lava flow cave, and try some local products, while taking in some breathtaking panoramic views along the way. Start your day with a free pickup from your Catania accommodation in an air-conditioned minivan. Digest some fun facts about the volcano from your professional guide as you drive 2000 meters up. Hear about everything from the volcano’s natural resources, memorable landscapes, and flora, to lava flows that have swallowed roads and buildings in past spurts of activity. Once you reach 2000 meters up, take a guided walk around the ancient craters, recent lava flows, and other-worldly landscape. Rest easy as the trek is an easy one, suitable for both families with younger children and older family members. Enjoy the tasting of Sicilian 'cantucci' biscuits and 'zibibbo' wine. After a short break, head to your next stop — a lava flow cave. Using a helmet and flashlight, you’ll discover the cave’s origins and stand-out features in ample time with your guide. Your last stop is a panoramic viewpoint at Monte Pomiciaro, granting you unforgettable views and photo opportunities over the Valle del Bove, the volcano’s most important valley. If the sunset option is selected, take in breathtaking views of Etna during 'Golden Hour'. After your volcanic adventure, head back to Catania, where your tour will conclude.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation and hotel free pick-up in an air-conditioned vehicle Light guided trek on Mount Etna Guided visit to lava flow cave Safety helmet and flashlight Local guide Sampling of cantucci biscuits and zibibbo wine
- • This activity does not include the volcano summit — it goes to a maximum height of 2100 meters