My Guide Website?
Taormina: Skip-the-Line Entry Ticket to the Ancient Theater53 Reviews
Skip the lines with this entry ticket to the Ancient Theater of Taormina, one of the largest buildings for shows in the Italian Peninsula. Discover the many wonders of this famous archaeological site.
- Immerse yourself in the past as you explore ancient monuments
- Admire sweeping views of the surrounding landscape and sea
- Walk through the history of the Ancient Theater of Taormina
- See one of the largest buildings for shows in the Italian Peninsula
- Take advantage of fast-tracking access with a skip-the-line ticket
DescriptionPre-book your entry ticket to the Ancient Theater of Taormina and enjoy the added perk of skip-the-line entry privileges. Take a stirring journey through the archaeological ruins and enjoy the freedom to explore at your own pace. After the one of Syracusa, the Ancient Theater of Taormina is the largest building for shows in the Italian Peninsula. The archaeological site offers the opportunity to step back into the past as well as enjoy the views of the surrounding landscapes. The Greek building, built in a dominant position, dates back, by layout, to the III-II century B.C., but the monument you can admire today appears in the forms acquired in the roman imperial age under the emperor Trajan or Hadrian. It becomes an amphitheater under the emperor Caracalla and, in the same period, the orchestra was converted into an arena to host gladiator fights. After centuries of neglect, in 1465, part of the monument was used as a palace of residence of the Zumbo family.
IncludesSkip-the-line entry ticket
- You will need to pass a security check before entering the archaeological site
- Your ticket allows a single entry into the Ancient Theater of Taormina