My Guide Website?
Pantelleria: Archaeological Tour
Discover the deep archaeological history of Pantelleria. Travel from the prehistoric era to the Punic-Roman period up to the modern history of the island.
- Riveting archaeological tour with in-depth history
- Visit the beautiful island of Pantelleria
- Tour the Sesi's robust, round structure made of stones over 5,000 years ago
- Castello di Pantelleria-built of lava stones in the Medieval Era
- Two hills–San Marco & Santa Teresa–location of Punic & Romans settlement
DescriptionPantelleria is a volcanic island that is fascinating for its crystal-clear sea, breathtaking natural landscapes, and its historical relevance. The ancient megalithic constructions located on this island date back to 5,000 years ago. The archaeological tour will begin with the village huts and continue towards the necropolis of Sesi to discover one of the most important sites of the Mediterranean basin. The guide will relive the ancient splendor of 'Cossyra' - the ancient name of the island - and its inexorable decline. You will learn about the history of the first people who lived on Pantelleria in the Bronze Age. Proceed to the Acropolis of San Marco and Santa Teresa, among the remains of the ancient capital of Pantelleria founded by Carthage in the mid-13th century BC. Finally, you will end the tour in the monumental Castle of Pantelleria, with a visit to the museum area, where you will find the three marble heads of the imperial age.
IncludesLocal guide Transfers by mini bus
- Reservation is subject to confirmation The tour will be held in compliance with current anti-covid regulations The experience is accessible for ages 6 and up In order to guarantee the respect of the timetable, please arrive at the meeting point in advance In case of bad weather conditions, the experience may be subject to changes or modifications