My Guide Website?
Agrigento: Valley of the Temples Skip The Line & Guided Tour100 Reviews
Join a 2-hour guided tour of the Temples valley in Agrigento, a stunning archaeological park added to the list of World Heritage Sites in 1997 by UNESCO.
- Visit the Valley of the Temples Archaeological Park in Agrigento
- Admire outstanding examples of Greater Greece art and architecture
- Follow your guide and learn about the ancient, classical culture of Sicily
- Enjoy views from a breezy hilltop looking out across the Strait of Sicily
DescriptionCome to Agrigento and discover one of Sicily's most famous historical attractions, for its well-preserved Doric temples dedicated to Greek divinities, the famous Valley of the Temples. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this Archaeological Park is located on a plateau close to the Strait of Sicily. Follow your guide to explore this site where time seems to stand still, preserving an unprecedented historical charm. Start the tour from the temple of Hera, continuing on the sacred way to the remains of the surrounding wall. Inside the Valley, see 12 temples as well as some fortifications, the Lower and Upper Agora, an Olympian, and a Bouleuterion. Source of inspiration for poets, philosophers, and painters, it is one of the most emblematic parks in Sicily. Admire Doric temples from the Hellenic period, that correspond to the ancient Akragas, the original monumental nucleus of the city of Agrigento. Move onward to the Temple of Concord, the remains of the early Christian Necropolis, the Temple of Heracles, and the remains of the Temple of Zeus.
IncludesSkip the line entrance ticket to the Valley of the Temples Guided tour of the Valley of the Temples
- The tour is available every day in Italian and English The tour could be conducted in Italian and English at the same time The entrance ticket to the Valley of the Temples will be directly provided by the guide at the meeting point Possession of the Green Pass is required