My Guide Website?
3-Hour Siracusa Segway PT Authorized Tour5 Reviews
Impressive Greek ruins and monuments bear witness to the historical grandeur of Siracusa (Syracuse), where Archimedes laid the foundations for modern science. You will also see later artistic grandeur in a personalized way on our small-group Segway tour.
- Feast your eyes on monumental Greek archaeology and baroque Sicilian splendor
- Combine the intimacy of a walking tour with the ease of riding your own Segway
- Travel in a small group for personalized attention
- See one of the largest Greek theaters ever built
DescriptionThe grandeur of an ancient city that repulsed Athens remains to be discovered in Siracusa, or Syracuse. It contains some of Italy's most impressive Greek ruins. The mists of time quickly envelop us as we roll off toward the remains of the encircling wall built by Dionysius I, and the temple to Apollo. Next we head to Piazza Archimede, named after the ancient city's most famous citizen, with its beautiful fountain. Via Roma leads us to the elegant cathedral, its backbone made of Greek columns. Past other baroque monuments in the Old Town area on Ortigia Island such as Benevento del Bosco Palace and the Town Hall, we ride to Arethusa Spring, with its papyrus plants. We pass other landmarks before crossing Umberto Bridge. The Regional Archaeological Museum and Catacombs of San Giovanni are on the way to the Neapolis, where we can see the massive Greek theatre, the Roman amphitheatre and the 'Ear of Dionysius,' a chamber cut into limestone where Dionysius reportedly imprisoned adversaries so he could hear what they said echoing off the walls.
Includes3 hour Segway rental (30-minute orientation) Use of helmet (optional) Guide Ponchos, in case of rain
- It is not necessary to have a driver’s license for this activity
- Segways are appropriate for virtually anyone, however riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women
- This activity operates in all weather conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€125.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today