Taormina, Savoca, and Castelmola Guided Transfer17 Reviews
Visit the beauties of the famous Sicilian towns of Taormina, Savoca, and Castemola, starting with "The Godfather" scenery.
- Enjoy a small group tour with pick-up from your accomodation
- Visit the town of The Godfather movie
- Visit the famous Bar Turrisi
- Discover the treasures of Taormina
- Try traditional Sicilian street food and wine
DescriptionBe picked up from your local accomodation by a comfortable 8 seat vehicle which will then take you to the first stop, Savoca, a characteristic medieval town. There, visit one of the fascinating catacombs of the Cappuccini convent which hosts the mummified bodies of monks and nobles from Savoca. Next, visit bar Vitelli, famously known as the bar from the film 'The Godfather', where you can taste delicious Sicilian granita and look at photos which were taken during the shooting of the film. Then, travel to the second town on the tour, the majestic Taormina. Visit the Greek Theatre, or one of the major ancient sites in Sicily which offers a unique panoramic view of the sea and Mount Etna. Walking along Corso Umberto, you can also visit the Cathedral and enjoy the stunning view of Capo Taormina bay. While in Taormina, enjoy a free snack with a delicious tasting of products from the Sicilian culinary tradition, tavola calda. Eat arancini, pizza, or calzoni, with Sicilian Doc wine. Afterwards, arrive at the final stop, Castelmola, a characteristic medieval suburb suspended between the sky and the sea. Enjoy a fantastic view of Etna on one side and the Ionian sea on the other, then, from Sant’Antonio square, begin your walk through the alleys. Around the small streets, it’s possible to see quaint shops that sell souvenirs, laces, and embroideries made by locals women. Finally, visit Bar Turrisi for a coffee or some almond wine, a typical Sicilian dessert wine.
IncludesSmall group tour Multilingual driver and tour guide for the day at your disposal Hotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned minivan Free Snack with typical Sicilian street food, water, and Etna wine Bottle of water Authorized tourist guide during Taormina stop
- Your driver guide is not a touristic guide, so he cannot lead you during the visit of Taormina. You will be given information during the trip on the vehicle and a paper guide to be used during the Taormina's walk. He will be with you during the visit of Savoca and Castelmola
- Your tour will end at around 6 pm
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY