My Guide Website?
Ragusa, Noto and Chocolate Tasting - Day tour from Siracusa4 Reviews
Full day Excursion to discover Noto, Modica and Ragusa Ibla, three wonderful example of the Late Baroque Towns of the Val di Noto, declared UNESCO heritage.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- From Catania: Full-Day Mount Etna and Taormina Tour
- From Catania: Taormina, Savoca, & Castelmola Tour w/ Brunch
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Segesta, Erice and Salt Pans Full-Day Excursion from Palermo
- Explore two fascinating and breathtaking UNESCO heritage sites
- Discover how local chocolate is made, following the original Aztec recipe
- Enjoy the comforts and luxury of a private transfer
DescriptionToday h 8.30am be ready at pick up location to meet our driver and departure from Siracusa in direction of Ragusa Ibla. Our Team will offer you time at disposal to keep the feeling with this section of the town giving you direction to explore independently the old part of the city and an undisputed reality of Baroque art. Here you can admire numerous eighteenth-century churches and buildings and the Gardens. Soon after, you will discover another jewel of the Sicilian Gastronomy: the local Chocolate in Modica. This particular chocolate is made with a very old recipe, the one coming from the Aztecs. If you are wondering what the Aztecs have to do with Sicily, think about the Spanish conquistadors in South America and you will see that the same Spanish have dominated this island for a couple of centuries. We then continue to Noto. In the Arab period the town was the capital of one of the three districts of Sicily (the Val di Noto) and once defeated by the Christians, Noto became a rich Norman city. Unfortunately, it was totally destroyed by the 1693 Sicilian earthquake and rebuilt in a new position nearer to the Ionian Sea. But the new Noto is a masterpiece of Sicilian Baroque! Most of the buildings, including churches and noble palaces, follow one another along the main street and are characterized by the honey tonality of tufa stone. Later we return to Siracusa (estimated arrival time h 4pm ish depending on the traffic situation) Please note that if the tour does not reach at least two partecipants it will not be operated.
IncludesPick-up and drop off at meeting point Vehicle with air conditioning English speaking driver Independent visits as per itinerary Tasting of Modica Aztec's Chocolate Booking fees Fuel, parking fee and driver expenses Vat
- We customized this excursion using a Driver-Escort. A Driver-Escort is a chauffeur specialized to drive you around our amazing island. He is able to provide basic historical information, he can show you the main highlights, and is very knowledgeable with a broad range of information. The Driver Escort is not a Licensed Tourist Guide (Licensed Tourist Guides are the only professionals - with a Regional license - permitted to conduct visits and tours in all sites and museums within a city) and he cannot accompany you inside the monuments because this is not allowed by Italian Rules. In you would like a Licensed Local Guide you must pay a surcharge and we will arrange for a Licensed Guide to meet you directly on the spot. This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.