My Guide Website?
Palermo to Taormina: stop Valley of Temples and Roman Villa
A great way to move you from Palermo (West side) to Taormina (East side) with stopover in two important local highlights such as: Agrigento and Piazza Armerina.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Explore two fascinating and breathtaking UNESCO heritage sites
- Admire the beautiful Sicilian landscape as you drive from the west to the east
- Enjoy the comforts and luxury of a private transfer
DescriptionToday h 7.45am be ready at pick-up location to meet our driver and departure through the interior of Sicily to reach Agrigento to see the Valley of the Temples: two hours audio-guide independent walking tour on the Valley of the Temples an important Unesco World Heritage site covers the Temple of Hera, the Temple of Concordia, the Temple of Hercules and the Temple of Zeus. Agrigento, according to legend, was founded by Daedalus and his son Icarus after they had fled from Crete “by air”. Historically, however, its origins date back to 582 B.C. when it was founded by Rhodian-Cretan colonist from the neighboring Gela who named their city Akragas after the nearby river. It rapidly increased in size, importance and military strength under Phalarides, the first tyrant, and later under Theron, who extended his way over northern Sicily as far as Himera. This afternoon we then continue onto Piazza Armerina to enjoy an independent visit of the amazing Mosaics Floor at the Roman Villa of Casale, that belongs to the Unesco Heritage. Built on the 4th century AD, the Villa was later forgotten and only in the 20th century excavations revealed the whole building. It is the supreme example of a luxury Roman villa (about 3500 square meters of floor mosaics) and was probably the residence of a member of the upper class of the Roman Empire. The mosaics discovered here are celebrated among scholars of antiquity. The visit inside the Roman Villa will be done independently. Every room has information boards. Later we continue to Taormina (estimated arrival time h 6.45pm ish depending on the traffic situation. Different drop-off could be coordinated based on the Limited Traffic Zone--) Please note that if the tour does not reach at least two partecipants it will not be operated.
IncludesPick-up at meeting point Vehicle with air conditioning English speaking driver Independent visits as per itinerary Audio-Guide and Admission fee package to visit the Valley of the Temples Each passenger can travel with up to a bag of 20 kg (not exceeding 80 x 120 x 120 cm) and 8 Kg (not exceeding 55 x 40 x 20 cm) Visits as per itinerary Booking fees Fuel, parking fee and driver expenses Vat
- The driver/escort is not a licensed tourist guide, so he cannot escort you inside the monuments, according to Italian tourism laws but will provide several information to let you enjoy the tour This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.