Palermo 3-Hour Street Food and History Walking Tour288 Reviews
Enjoy a delightful walk around the streets of Palermo’s old town, admiring its landmarks, and visiting a variety of markets. Stop to taste a selection of street foods as you learn about local gastronomy.
- Taste 5 typical Street Foods, arancine, panelle, crocché, sfincione and a cannolo
- Enjoy a walk through Palermo and admire the Capo Market, the Piazza Beati Paoli, the Cathedral, the Quattro Canti and Pretoria fountain
- Learn about local culture, history, and food traditions from your guide
DescriptionA walk through the center of Palermo is like visiting an open-air museum, where you’ll experience a range of different architectural styles. During the 3-hour walk you’ll see the Capo street markets that is a true mix of culture, customs, and food traditions, the Cathedral, the Quattro Canti and Piazza della Vergogna. The walk will also provide an opportunity to taste some specialties of Palermo. Some of the particular tastes of street food you might enjoy include sfincione (dough topped with onion, bread crumbs, tomato, and oregano), panelle (fried chickpea flour), crocché (potato croquettes), arancine (rice croquettes stuffed with meat or butter), and cannolo (crunchy shell with sweet-cheese). If you want you can ask to taste the bread with “meusa” (bread with spleen). You can ask also availability of tour in Italian language.
Includes5 street food tastings Dessert tasting of cannoli 1 drink (a beer, a glass of wine, water or cola) Professional tour guide Visit to Capo market Visit to the Cathedral of Palermo Pick-up at 10:00 AM for cruise passengers (on request) Museum admission fees Tips/gratuities
- Dietary restrictions can be accomodated. Please note any dietary restrictions in the checkout page when booking this tour
- A minimum of 2 adults are required for each free child
- For cruise passengers there is a pickup at 10:00 AM just outside the port. If your cruise ship arrives later, an alternative pickup time can be organized
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability