From Taormina: Full-Day Agrigento & Piazza Armerina3 Reviews
From the Greek to the Romans, to the conquerors of Byzantium and the present, everyone who comes to Agrigento and Piazza Armerina finds a place of eternal beauty. Visit two of the world's most impressive archaeological sites of the Greek and Roman period.
- Visit one of the most important archaeological complexes of the ancient Greek world
- Walk between the ruins of the temples of the gods
- Breathe the atmosphere of a thousand year history
- See the marvelous Roman Villa del Casale in Piazza Armerina
DescriptionLet yourself be surrounded by architectural treasures. On this 10-hour tour, your expert guide will introduce you to the marvels of the ancient world. The Valley of the Temples is amongst the most evocative sites of the Greek world and one of the most important complexes outside of Greece. You will visit the temples which stand on the high ridge overlooking the sea, walking the Sacred Way and discovering the magnificence of the Concordia Temple, which was converted into a Christian church in the 6th century and as a result spared from much of the devastation which afflicted the site over the centuries. You will walk between the Temple of Zeus ruins, the largest temple built by the Greeks but destroyed to build the harbor of the nearby town of Porto Empedocle. After lunch, once you arrive in Piazza Armerina, you will visit the famous Villa Romana del Casale which has the finest collection of Roman polychrome mosaics, depicting scenes of hunting and recreation as well as representing mythological and historical episodes.
IncludesTransfer Guide Local guide Lunch Entrance fees (€ 11 temples and € 10 Villa Romana)
- Walking difficulties due to uneven ground
- Wheelchairs not really suitable
- What to bring: water and sun hat in the summer months
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability