Etna Volcano: Geological Excursion on Active Volcano8 Reviews
Spend a half-day discovering geological features of the Etna volcano including lava streams, volcanic caves, and craters. You’ll take a hike to see the features of a recent lava flow, and enter a volcanic cave to learn how tunnel flows are created.
- Hike along a trail on Etna to see a recent lava flow
- Enter a volcanic cava to see how a tunnel flow is built
- Observe a volcanic crater from inside and outside
- Taste locally made products
DescriptionStart out your Etna excursion on a low-to-medium-difficulty geological trail, where you’ll be able to observe the features of a recent lava flow. This unique 4-hour tour of the volcano begins with a pick-up at your accommodation. There are 2 departure options: the Zafferana/Riposto area, and Taormina. You’ll have the opportunity to enter a volcanic cave to see how lava creates a tunnel flow. This type of cave is the result of the fast cooling of the lava, creating a crust of thermal insulation that keeps the internal temperature of the lava as high as 1,000 degrees Celsius. Next, see both the exterior and interior structure of a volcanic crater. Craters are created by explosive volcanic activity that produces ash and builds a cinder cone. Before returning to your accommodation you’ll enjoy a free tasting of typical local products.
IncludesInsurance Helmets with head lamps (for volcanic cave visit) Lunch Tickets for the cable way, museums, adventure parks and anything else not included in the item 'what's included'
- If weather conditions are not good or there are potential hazards, the tour may be canceled
- This option only includes pick-up from the Catania area. For pick-up outside of the booked option extra charges will apply
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability