My Guide Website?
Etna: Summit Craters Trekking219 Reviews
Enjoy a guided climb to the top of Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe. Take in views of the unique landscape for an unforgettable experience.
- Admire an amazing landscape from the highest volcano in Europe
- Discover Sicily's stunning scenery
- Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience
DescriptionAfter a briefing at the mobile information point, your excursion will start up to the top of Mt. Etna at 3,300m. Take the cable car to quickly gain altitude up to 2,500m and then with special 4x4 minibuses, go up to 2,900m, near Torre del Filosofo. During the 2-hour ascent, take 2-3 intermediate breaks to enjoy the view. Travel through the lunar-looking lava fields that will lead you under the summit craters. With a final demanding climb, reach the summit of Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, where you will be able to admire the peculiarities that characterize the summit area. Descend on foot to the upper station of the cable car that will take you back to the starting point.
IncludesTrekking shoes and trekking pole Volcano or Alpine guide Insurance coverage in the event of an accident Rock helmet Hotel pickup and drop-off Food and drinks Cable car and Unimog 4x4 (will be paid in cash on the day of the tour)
- This excursion is aimed at moderately trained hikers who are comfortable hiking on sandy or uneven terrain
- Children aged 10 and over are welcome to join the tour
- To avoid taking risks, it is a good idea to know your health condition before booking
- At the discretion of the guide, the excursions may undergo variations in regard to weather conditions, environmental factors, or possible volcanic risk that represent any source of danger
- The guide is entitled to stop the excursion for any reason that could compromise safety or physical integrity of an individual or the entire group
- This excursion may be canceled if the minimum number of two participants is not reached
- Please ensure you wear the listed items and bring an extra T-shirt, light jacket, backpack (10-20L), water, snacks, and a packed lunch
- It is recommended you wear long pants, a hat, sunglasses, and sun protection
- Trekking boots with high socks, trekking poles, rock helmet are available to rent for free
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now