My Guide Website?
Etna: Guided Tour to the Summit Craters1 Reviews
Discover the most active volcano in Europe with this guided tour. Journey to Etna, where you can admire breathtaking volcanic landscapes with an Alpine volcanological guide.
- Learn more about the most active volcano in Europe
- Admire breathtaking volcanic landscapes
- Be enchanted by views of Valle del Bove
- Feel the achievement of having made it to the Etna craters
DescriptionExplore the volcanic landscapes of Etna with an Alpine volcanological guide on a shared or private tour. Reach the Bocca Nuova and Barbagallo craters and learn more about the volcano that has shaped Sicily. Be greeted by your guide in front of the Etna cableway ticket office at an altitude of 1900 meters. Have a short briefing with your guide and purchase cable car tickets to ride to the summit area at 2,900 meters. Take in views of the mountain as you travel to 2,900 meters where you will stop and begin your hike to 3,300 meters. Climb between sand and lava flows until you arrive at the Bocca Nuova crater. Stop to enjoy views of the crater and Sicily. Descend toward the Barbagallo craters and continue towards Valle del Bove. Observe a valley formed by the collapse of a series of ancient eruptive events.
IncludesAlpine volcanological guide
- Depending on weather conditions and regulations in effect at the time, reaching the 3,300-meter altitude is not always possible Tickets for the cable car and 4x4 bus are purchased at the ticket office of the Etna cable car. These tickets are necessary for the tour 4x4 bus route is reserved only for private tours