Cefalù: Palermo and Monreale Tour
Experience Monreale, visiting a cathedral whose interior is completely covered with marble and splendid mosaics. You'll then Continue onward to explore Palermo, before returning to Cefalù.
- Enjoy the impressive mosaics of Monreale’s Cathedral and its beautiful cloister
- Enjoy Palermo, the Sicilian capital
- Wander through the Bellini and the Pretoria squares
DescriptionAfter departing from Cefalù, you will make your way to the village of Monreale. Once there you will begin by visiting its cathedral, whose interior is completely covered with marble and splendid mosaics. You will then visit the cloister of the Benedictines, which are located on the south side of the cathedral. Each side has 26 arches resting on columns, and include narrative cycles from both the Old and New Testaments. Following that, you'll continue your excursion to Palermo, where you will visit the cathedral. It was formerly a mosque in Islamic times, before being converted into a cathedral church by Roberto the Guiscardo after the conquest of Palermo. You'll then wander through the old town along the typical 'Capo' market and the Quattro Canti and Pretoria squares. Free time for lunch and leisure will then follow in the famous Piazza Verdi, the square of the Massimo Theatre. In the afternoon, you'll enjoy a panoramic tour by bus for an optional visit to the Capuchin catacombs, before your tour concludes with your return to Cefalù.
IncludesTransportation Guide Lunch Entrance fees Personal expenses
- The visit to the catacombs is optional, the ticket is paid on the spot and for those who do not want to visit can wait on the bus or in the area near the catacombs
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking difficulties
- It’s recommended to wear a sunhat and comfortable shoes, as well as appropriate clothing to enter the church
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY