Catania: Guided Winter Hike up Northeast side of Mount Etna5 Reviews
Take a full-day hike up the northeast side of Mount Etna. Enter a volcanic cave. Experience the calm and quiet of undisturbed nature. Enjoy a farmhouse restaurant lunch. Take in magnificent views of the Bove Valley.
- Discover the northeast side of Mount Etna and reach an elevation of 2000m
- Explore a volcanic cave
- Enjoy lunch and wine at farmhouse restaurant
DescriptionYour professional nature guide will pick you up in Catania at your hotel around 9 a.m. After traveling to the northeast side of the volcano, explore deserts of lava and ashes, peculiar lava formations, and traces of impressive eruptions. Climb 2000 meters above sea level as you explore the charming winter landscape. Experience the magic atmosphere of a snow-covered Mount Etna. Enter a volcanic cave and learn about the Etna’s rich geological history from your knowledgeable guide. Explore areas that remain untouched by human hands, full of fascinating plant and animal life. After your hike, enjoy a genuine and savory Sicilian lunch at Brooms and Silver Birches, a local farmhouse restaurant, including an appetizer, main course, water, and wine. After lunch, take a leisurely trek, to a lookout point above the Bove Valley and take in the astonishing view of the central crater. Your tour ends at 6-6: 30 pm when you are dropped off back at your hotel.
IncludesA professional and passionate nature guide Transportation from your hotel in Catania via minibus or jeep Lunch, water and wine Insurance Equipment (helmets and torches) and snowshoes
- Confirmation will be sent at the time of booking.
- Should your tour be canceled because there are not enough passengers to meet minimum number requirements, or because of poor weather conditions, you will be offered a full refund.
- In the case of poor weather, the second half of the tour may be substituted with a local products tasting.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Trekking shoes and jackets are available for free if requested at the time of booking.
- Infant seats are available on request if requested at the time of booking.
- Please advise us on any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- Vegetarian, vegan and celiac options are available. Please advise at time of booking if required.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability