My Guide Website?
Nicolosi:Etna Central Crater Trekking Tour cable car & jeep2 Reviews
Hike to the crater of Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe. Discover unspoiled, lunar landscapes created by lava with an expert guide and marvel at the views over Sicily from the top.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- From Catania: Full-Day Mount Etna and Taormina Tour
- From Catania: Taormina, Savoca, & Castelmola Tour w/ Brunch
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Segesta, Erice and Salt Pans Full-Day Excursion from Palermo
- discover the most evocative places of this majestic active volcano
- enjoy the charm of reaching the summit of the summit craters at 3345 meters
- discover ancient eruptive cones and huge expanses of lava
- from the top of the volcano, admire a splendid glimpse of the Ionian coast
DescriptionThe excursion that we propose takes place on the southern slope of the volcano and will allow you, in an almost lunar but unique landscape, to reach the central crater of Etna at an altitude of about 3345 m a.s.l. Departure from an altitude of 1900 meters by cable car and off-road minibuses up to the permitted altitude, from this point we will continue entirely on foot with the guide up to the maximum point of visit of the summit area of the volcano (central crater). From here you will have the real sensation of walking on a living and pulsating volcano, surrounded by fumes, gases and the intense color of the sulphur. From here you will also have the opportunity to admire a splendid panorama of the Ionian coast and of the various villages below this majestic volcano. This itinerary also includes the crossing and the visit of ancient eruptive cones and enormous expanses of lava, as well as the passage through a panoramic area, from where it will be possible to admire the marvelous Valle del Bove, a large depression, seat of the ancient eruptive cones of the Etna. Return to the starting point (altitude 1900 meters).
IncludesEquipment: Helmet Jacket Sticks Boots Socks
- The proposed itinerary is subject to the conditions of the volcano and the weather conditions. The activity start times may vary according to the period/season.