My Guide Website?
Monreale & Segesta from Palermo - Small Group62 Reviews
Discover the Dome in Monreale, famous for the gold mosaics representing scenes from the Old and New Testaments, and Segesta to visit the Doric Temple.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- From Catania: Full-Day Mount Etna and Taormina Tour
- From Catania: Taormina, Savoca, & Castelmola Tour w/ Brunch
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Segesta, Erice and Salt Pans Full-Day Excursion from Palermo
- Explore two fascinating and breathtaking UNESCO heritage sites
- Discover the melting pot of Italy's many ancient cultures
- Enjoy the comforts and luxury of our vehicle
DescriptionToday h 9.00am be ready for pick-up at P.za Giuseppe Verdi, 59, Palermo (in front of Restaurant 'Al 59') to meet our driver and travel to Monreale to independently visit the Dome (Admission fee: not included, you can buy tickets here), erected by King William II in a royal park on the site of an earlier Greek church. Part of the structure and its decoration were largely completed by the death of the king in 1189.The interior is impressive in its spaciousness and rich decor. At 12.00 meet again out driver to continue onto Segesta, one of the major cities of the Elymian people, one of the three indigenous peoples of Sicily. Segesta’s ancient Greek temple can make a valid claim to being the best preserved in the world, and its amphitheatre boasts a hilltop position on Mount Barbaro second to none. The archaeological site reflects the presence of several ancient civilizations, beginning with the elusive Elymians. While the magnificent Doric temple, though (strictly speaking) never completed – as the roof was never added and the pillars never fluted – is impressive, it is just the highlight of a large archaeological park. Today independent visit of the Temple (Admission fee: not included, you can buy tickets here). At 3.00pm we return to Palermo. (estimated arrival time h 4.00pm ish depending on the traffic situation. Different drop-off could be coordinated based on the Limited Traffic Zone) Please note that if the tour does not reach at least two partecipants it will not be operated.
IncludesPick up and Drop off at P.za Giuseppe Verdi, 59 Palermo Vehicle with air conditioning English speaking driver/Tour Escort Independent visits as per itinerary Booking fees Fuel, parking fee and driver expenses Vat
- Admission fees are not included in this tour and all visits will be independent. This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.