My Guide Website?
Messina Shore Excursion: Private Trip to Taormina & Etna
Climb the active volcano of Mount Etna on this 8-hour trip from Messina. Visit Taormina’s charming spots with your private driver.
- Climb Mount Etna, the highest volcano in Europe, on the island of Sicily
- Walk on a Mars-like surface for a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Visit the hillside town of Taormina for sweeping Ionian seascapes
DescriptionExperience an unforgettable day climbing one of the most active volcanoes in Europe. Visit one of the pearls of the Mediterranean, Taormina. Disembark at the port of Messina to meet your driver. Begin your private excursion by climbing Mount Etna. It is the highest volcano in Europe and one of the most active in the world. It has also been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2013. Be driven up to 1800 meters. From there, explore the Silvestri Craters and its lava-covered slopes. Continue onward to Taormina, perched on a terrace overlooking the sea. Considered the 'Lady of the Ionic Coast', it has historically been a destination for celebrities. From this hilltop town, enjoy a splendid landscape, dotted with colorful coves interspersed with Mediterranean scrub and sea. Visit the ancient theatre in Taormina, one of the greatest of the Greek-Roman era, and afterward immerse yourself in the city. Return to the parking area in Taormina to head back to the port of Messina with your driver.
IncludesChauffeur Round-trip transportation from the port
- This is a worry-free shore excursion with a guaranteed on-time return to your ship
- The tour will not operate in the event of volcanic eruption