From Catania: Etna Nature and Flavors Half-Day Tour231 Reviews
Enjoy the spectacular scenery from high on Mount Etna volcano. Explore the last eruptions of the volcano and see the Silvestri craters created in 1892. You’ll enter a lava cave to see how lava flows form, and taste some delicious local products as well.
- Visit the Silvestri craters dating from the 1892 eruption
- Trek on natural paths in Etna park and take in views of the Bove Valley
- Explore a lava cave with a helmet and head lamp
- Sample typical local products
DescriptionExplore Etna Park on a 6-hour tour that takes you up to the Sapienza Refuge at 1,986 meters. Return transfers from your accommodation in Catania are included in the package. At the Sapienza Refuge you’ll see both the newest eruptions of the volcano and the old Silvestri craters, dating from the 1892 eruption. Afterwards you’ll trek along a nature path through Etna Park, enjoying breathtaking views over the Bove Valley. Enter a lava cave, with a helmet and head lamp, to learn how lava flows are formed. Later, stop in the town of Zafferana, on the eastern side of Etna. In Zafferana, known as the town of honey, you’ll visit one of the most famous organic farms in the area to taste delicious local products such as honey, olive oil, and wine. You’ll be transferred to your hotel in the early afternoon.
IncludesReturn transfer by shuttle bus Multi-lingual tourist guide Kit for cave visit Sampling of local products Lunch High altitude option (to reach 2900 meters)
- Instead of trekking, you have the option of taking a cable car and jeep bus up 3,000 meters, enjoying the lunar-like landscape. This option is not included in the cost of the basic excursion. The price is EUR 64.00 per person and also includes an alpine guide who will lead you around the area at the top.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability