My Guide Website?
Etna North: Summit Craters - Trekking
Reach the roof of Sicily with us. This trip is not just for those interested in geology: anyone who loves nature, breathtaking landscapes and is a trekking enthusiast should join us on this tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- From Catania: Full-Day Mount Etna and Taormina Tour
- From Catania: Taormina, Savoca, & Castelmola Tour w/ Brunch
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Segesta, Erice and Salt Pans Full-Day Excursion from Palermo
- Reach the real summit of the volcano at an altitude of 3300 meters
- Learn about the volcano and its eruptions
- Visit the active craters of the volcano
- Experience the wonderful volcanic landscape
DescriptionThis excursion is suitable for those who have a great desire to walk. The tour initially includes transport at high altitude with our 4x4 vehicles up to 2930 mt. From this point it will start the ascent by walk for 2 km uphill on a path surrounded by volcanic scoria and bombs. The total climb uphill is of 370 Mt till we will arrive to the edge of the Central Crater of Mount Etna, at a height of 3300 mt. There, we will stop to admire the greatness, the uniqueness and the processes of the volcanic environment, united to the spectacle of the view you can enjoy from the roof of Sicily (the visibility could change according to the weather. The excursion end driving back with our 4x4 vehicles to Piano Provenzana arrival point of our excursion. The excursion includes a total of 4 kilometres of walking (round trip) for 3,5 hours, absolutely suitable for those who are used to walking regularly in the mountains, not recommended for those with vertigo, physical health or fatigue problems. Plan Appointment at the Mareneve kiosk bar, in Piano Provenzana, 1800 meters at: 7:45 am or at: 1:15 pm Departures scheduled at 8:00 and 13:30 Expected return at 1.30pm and 6.00pm (approximately) Ascent with special off-road vehicle from Piano Provenzana. Arrival at an altitude of 2925 meters. Start of the walking tour totaling 4 km to the Etna Summit Craters at 3300 meters Descent on terrain made up of sand and slag up to an altitude of 2825m Descent with a special off-road vehicle from an altitude of 2825m to Piano Provenzana at 1800m. Total time of the trekking route: 4.5 hours Total kilometers: 7.5 (may vary) Maximum altitude reached: 3300 m. Minimum altitude reached: 2825 m. Total height difference uphill: 470 m (may vary) Total height difference downhill: 470 m (may vary) Difficulty: E (Hikers - For hikers used to walking at high altitudes) - Trekking is not recommended for those who do not exercise regularly. -Trekking is not recommended for those who do not regularly hike in the mountains. -The excursion requires good physical preparation. Since it turns out to be a high-altitude route, it would be easy to experience symptoms of fatigue.
IncludesLicensed volcanological guide Trekking poles Protective helmets Injury insurance Trekking shoes Warm jackets Extra backpack Extra socks
- - In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will advise you in order to communicate the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, at the earliest possible date. - There is no advance payment for transportation. The guide will take you inside the office of Etnalcantara for the payment of the transportation tickets, just before the departure. - For the success of the excursion and for its correct carrying out, it’s good to know perfectly your health conditions, and if necessary, let your guide know about them - The route consists of the ascent and walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals - The trekking is for moderately trained hikers (being a path that develops at high altitude) - The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force - Without adequate shoes, you are not covered by insurance - This excursion may be canceled if minimum numbers of 2 are not met