My Guide Website?
3-Hour Messina Segway PT Authorized Tour13 Reviews
Discover Messina, its fascinating history and monuments, on this fun, informative Segway tour led by a qualified guide.See the Piazza Duomo, the beautiful San Francesco d'Assisi and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Discover historic Messina by Segway
- Visit key sites such as the fountain of Orion and medieval church San Francesco d’Assisi
- Learn about the history of the city, which was entirely destroyed by an earthquake in 1908, from your qualified guide
DescriptionOn this fun, informative Segway tour, discover the city of Messina, which was entirely rebuilt after the terrible earthquake destroyed it in 1908. Starting from Via Castellammare, near Via Garibaldi, next to the Catalani Church, you will go to the city's commercial center - Piazza Cairoli - and on to Piazza Pugliatti where there the Court of Justice and university are located. Next, move on to Piazza Duomo to admire the fountain of Orion and the Cathedral with its bell tower, famous for its astronomical clock unveiled in 1933 when the reconstruction of the Christian temple was finished. You will see the church S.S. Annunziata dei Catalani, with its beautiful baroque fountains in front. Nearby in Via Lepanto, see the monument dedicated to Don Juan of Austria before proceeding to Piazza Antonello, enclosed by neoclassical palaces. On the way to the medieval church San Francesco d’Assisi, admire the baroque palace Monte di Pietà. Continue through the public gardens to reach Piazza Unità d'Italia, where you will see the Palace of the Government and the fountain of Neptune by Montorsoli. From here, you will ride back to Piazza Municipio, observing the statue of Ferdinand de Bourbon and the Teatro Vittorio Emanuele along the way. Tour itinerary can be modified on-site with your guide to include, for example, shopping at Viale San Martino; a panoramic view from Montalto Church, or the North Coast Museum.
Includes3-hour Segway PT rental with 30 minute orientation Ponchos, in case of rain Use of helmet (optional) Guide
- It is not necessary to have a driver’s license for this activity
- Segways are appropriate for virtually anyone, however riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women
- This tour operates in all weather conditions
- Please note, this tour requires a minimum number of participants to operate. It is possible the tour may be canceled after confirmation if the minimum is not met. In this case, you will be offered an alternative tour or a full refund