My Guide Website?
Etna Basic Tour 1900 metres60 Reviews
Our day tour of Mt. Etna takes you to the top of the highest volcano in Europe. Though the volcano is active, you are safe to take a look at its four craters. We guarantee you will not find a similar volcano in Europe!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- A scenic tour of the tallest volcano in Europe, Mt. Etna
- The opportunity to trek the Silvestri's craters
- Optional ascent to the main crater area
DescriptionThis is a 1-day excursion by bus from Taormina to Mount Etna. The highest volcano in Europe (10,922 feet high), its smoking peak can be seen throughout Sicily with seismic activity constantly changing its shape. There are 4 distinct craters at the summit area and more than 300 vents on the flanks, ranging in size from small holes to large craters. You'll be picked up from Taormina at 08:30am from where you'll be driven to the Etna refuge. From here, you'll be able to trek around the the Silvestri’s Craters at 1.900 meters. You then have the option (at extra cost) to head to the top of the volcano by funicular and a 4x4-wheel drive. Eruptions at the summit are extremely spectacular, but rarely threaten the inhabited areas around the volcano. An eruption in 1669 lasted 122 days and destroyed several towns. Since then, there have been countless summit eruptions and at least 60 flank eruptions, the last one in 2008. At 04:00pm, you'll be returned you to Taormina. It's a guarantee that you'll never experience a similar volcano in the whole of Europe.
IncludesTransportation Tour leader vat and taxes
- It is recommended to wear a wind jacket and suitable shoes