My Guide Website?
Syracuse: Street Food Walking Tour with Tastings3 Reviews
Join a food walking tour in Siracusa and Ortigia and visit 5 of the city's best food stops on a culinary adventure. Discover the vibrant food scene while tasting delicious Sicilian dishes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Syracuse: Ragusa Ibla, Noto and Modica Private Day Trip
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Mount Etna: Summit Crater Trek with Cable Car and 4x4 Option
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- Agrigento: Valley of the Temples Gardens Picnic Experience
- Feel an explosion of flavor and color with a cannoli or granita
- Explore Ortigia island and its street food at 5 local hotspots
- Enjoy a mix of pastry and vegetables with an impanate tasting
- Wander around the bustling seafood market and nearby areas
- Sip on a local liqueur and taste a Sicilian deep-fried rice balls
DescriptionJoin a food tour to discover the secrets of Syracuse's culinary tradition. Explore the nuances that the street food of the former ancient Greek colony has to offer, including arancini (fried rice balls), impanate (breaded snacks), the fried cone of freshly caught fish, and granita or cannoli. Follow your guide to the ancient market in Syracuse for a tasting of paninetti with locally produced cheeses and cured meats. Enjoy a typical local liqueur. Relax and cool down on a hot afternoon with a Sicilian granita – made from fresh fruit and sugar – served in a glass with ice. Become a true expert on Syracuse cuisine as you relish Arancini fried rice balls stuffed with meat, cooked ham, spinach, pistachios, aubergines, and more. Then, it’s time to munch on a fried fish cone filled with various kinds of fried fish, caught that day. Savor an impanate, a delicacy with strong flavors. Relish this artisanal bakery product typical of Sicily, an oval-shaped, golden-colored calzone that can be stuffed with tomato sauce, vegetables, meat, cheese, potatoes and sausage, shrimp, and black olives. Satisfy your sweet tooth with a cannoli wafer, traditionally molded around a hot metal bar, filled with a sweet and creamy preparation made with ricotta cheese, candied fruit, crunchy pistachios, or dark chocolate chips.
IncludesFood tastings 1 alcoholic drink Gelato/Granita Water
- Alcohol will be served only to people over 18