My Guide Website?
Palermo to Agrigento: with Erice, lunch and Marsala Wine
Move you from Palermo to Agrigento with stopover into the medieval town of Erice and Marsala salt road.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Visit the region of Marsala grapes
- Taste wine and extra-virgin olive oil and enjoy a light lunch
- Enjoy the comforts and luxury of a private transfer
DescriptionToday h 8.15am be ready at pick-up location to meet our driver and departure for Erice uptown. The Elymians settled in the medieval town of Erice, which was an important religious site associated with the goddess Venus. Wander through its ancient streets and visit some of the famous homemade pastry shops—world-famous for marzipan candies and other delicacies like almond and pistachio pastries. At arrival, independent walk along the city centre with recommended stop at local pastry shop to taste some Sicilian local sweet. Enjoy a light lunch in a local Sicilian Olive Oil producer Farmhouse including tasting of mixed local products. This afternoon, we drive along the scenic Salt Way Road to admire the beautiful Saltpans where the sea-salt is still produced following the old Phoenician tradition preserved during the century. We then continue onto Marsala, the Arab “Marsa Allah” –Harbor of God–, is known in the whole world for one thing: Wine! The Marsala Wine comes from the western lands of Sicily and its name derives from the homonymous town. The Marsala is the oldest Italian wine, with an average alcohol content of about 18 degrees. Later we go to Agrigento (estimated arrival time h 4pm ish depending on the traffic situation) Please note that if the tour does not reach at least two partecipants it will not be operated.
IncludesPick-up at meeting point Vehicle with air conditioning English speaking driver Independent visits as per itinerary One lunch in an Olive Oil farmhouse One visit to a winery in Marsala with wine tastings Each passenger can travel with up to a bag of 20 kg (not exceeding 80 x 120 x 120 cm) and 8 Kg (not exceeding 55 x 40 x 20 cm) Visits as per itinerary Booking fees Fuel, parking fee and driver expenses VAT
- The driver/escort is not a licensed tourist guide, so he cannot escort you inside the monuments, according to Italian tourism laws but will provide several information to let you enjoy the tour This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.