My Guide Website?
Mount Etna: Trek to the Craters of The 2002 Eruption7 Reviews
Don't miss this chance to visit Mount Etna, one of the most active volcanoes in the world. Trek along the eruptive fault caused by the so-called "perfect eruption" of 2002 and marvel at the lava rock formations.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- From Catania: Full-Day Mount Etna and Taormina Tour
- From Catania: Taormina, Savoca, & Castelmola Tour w/ Brunch
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Segesta, Erice and Salt Pans Full-Day Excursion from Palermo
- Learn about the geology of volcanic eruptions
- Visit one of Europe's tallest and most active volcanoes
- Take in incredible views from the top
DescriptionHead to the stunning Mount Etna and meet your guide for a tour of one of Europe's tallest and most active volcanoes. Set out on a trail that takes you right along the eruptive fault on Etna's northern flank. Imagine the explosive force of the eruption that occurred at dawn on October 27, 2002, which would go down in history as the 'perfect eruption.' Walk on the hardened lava flow and check out the lateral cones formed by the strong explosions of gas and rock fragments along the fault. Peer into impressive craters and take in stunning views of the Bay of Naxos and the Calabrian coast. Learn about the history of the mountain and its impact on the region. Once an important locale in Greek mythology, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed volcano continues to play a significant role in regional lifestyles with fertile soils that support extensive local agriculture.
IncludesGuided tour Official English and French-speaking guide
- Difficulty: easy
- Duration: approximately 2.5 hours but depends on the rhythm of the group