My Guide Website?
From Taormina: Cycling Tour to the Top of Mount Etna
Feel the rush of biking to the top of a volcano with an expert guide and special equipment. Get picked up from Taormina or Giardini Naxos for this experience of a lifetime.
- Take in the fantastic views of the summit craters of Mount Etna
- Explore a lava cave with a helmet and headlamp
- Sample typical local products such as honey, olive oil, and wine
- Discover rugged landscapes of ancient craters and lava flows
- Cycle up to the higher altitudes allowed
DescriptionPickup from your hotel in Taormina or Giardini Naxos. Your tour will start from the southern part of the Etna volcano. After reaching Rifugio Sapienza, ride along a dirt path with your guide, between ancient craters and recent lava flows. Admire an extraordinary panorama, with views of the summit craters of Etna, the Ionian Sea and the Valle del Bove. Next, visit one of the area’s top organic farms to taste products such as honey, olive oil, and wine. Later, put on a helmet and headlamp and head inside a lava cave to learn how lava flows are formed, before returning to the starting point.
IncludesRound-trip transportation by shuttle bus Multilingual tour guide Equipment for lava cave visit Sampling of local products Qualified mountain bike guide Bike and equipment rental SPD pedals on request
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please note that no lunch is included on this tour