My Guide Website?
Etna walking tour and visit to a lava cave4 Reviews
A day to discover the most evocative places of Mt Etna. Experience a special trekking in a unique environment to appreciate the volcano from a geological and botanical point of view.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- From Catania: Full-Day Mount Etna and Taormina Tour
- From Catania: Taormina, Savoca, & Castelmola Tour w/ Brunch
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Segesta, Erice and Salt Pans Full-Day Excursion from Palermo
- A Mt Etna small group (Limited to 8 people) walking tour
- Explore the most iconic Mt Etna locations
- Learn the history, geology and the botanic of the highest volcano in Europe
- Get to know local Sicilian people
- An expert local guide
DescriptionA day of your life to immerse yourself in an environmental context unique in the world. Welcome to Etna, the highest volcano in Europe, a UNESCO heritage site. After the pick up at your accommodation facility or other location we will head (by car or private mini van) towards the tourist station of Etna (approximately 1900 meters high). During the route we pass through typical Etna villages. We begin our optional walk of medium difficulty (about an hour and a half) to discover the geology and history of this splendid volcano which dominates a large part of the Ionian coast of Sicily. A volcano that has always received the attention of geologists and volcanologists given its intriguing history. We explore the most suggestive places. Lateral crtaers and most important lava flows. Admire the lunar landscapes and let yourself be guided by your expert local guide, explore a cave (visit of approximately 20 minutes) you will be well equipped with helmet and torch for an experience that will introduce you to an intriguing geological aspect of mt Etna. A day full of fun and knowledge of this splendid volcano which still continues to fascinate poets, philosophers, historians and photographers for its fascinating peculiarities and scenic beauty. Enjoy Mt Etna
IncludesPick up directly at your accomodation Private transfer (car or mini van air) Expert local guide 2 hours approx of medium difficulty trekking Visit of a lava tunnel Helmet and torch for the lava tunnel exploration Water bottles
- This tour involves 2 hours walk , so moderate level of fitness is required