My Guide Website?
Etna North: Guided trekking to Summit volcano craters6 Reviews
The most adrenaline trekking on the active summit craters of Etna accompanied by certified Volcanological and Alpine guides starting from Piano Provenzana in 4x4 and then walking to the main top
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- From Catania: Full-Day Mount Etna and Taormina Tour
- From Catania: Taormina, Savoca, & Castelmola Tour w/ Brunch
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Segesta, Erice and Salt Pans Full-Day Excursion from Palermo
- Reach the summit craters of Mount Etna at an altitude of 3,300 metres
- Learn from your certified volcanological guide the evolution and history of Etna
- Hike through an extraordinary lunar landscape between craters and lava flows
DescriptionDiscover the highest active volcano in Europe with a guided trek to the summit with your authorized alpine and volcanological guide immersing you in landscapes of exceptional beauty surrounded by craters and lava flows Starting from Piano Provenzana 1800masl (Etna Nord), the unique slope that currently allows the climb to the summit in safe conditions, with special 4x4 vehicles, admiring the typical landscape of Etna, we will climb up to 2825masl near Piano delle Concazze. From here begins the ascent of about 2h to the main crater rim at an altitude of 3.320masl. You will walk on the edge of the Central Crater, we will face the vertiginous Northeast Crater and we will admire at our side the famous Southeast Crater, author of the most recent and impressive eruptions. In addition to the vastness of the summit craters, you will admire a unique volcanic environment, with gas emissions, volcanic bombs, and the sparkling colors of the ground due to the sublimation of various elements, including sulfur in particular. After the visit at the top, the path of descent in addition to being characterized by fine volcanic ash and slag, will always be very panoramic thanks to the beautiful view of the Sicilian coast. The whole route will be seasoned with pleasant breaks where the guide will explain the history, the formation and the peculiarities of the volcano. Once again at 2825masl, with the 4x4 we will return to Piano Provenzana, the final point of a great and inevitable experience in Sicily.
IncludesAlpine or Volcanological guide Insurance Trekking poles Helmets Hiking boots
- Small groups
- It is recommended to wear proper mountain equipment
- 4x4 ticket is not included in the price and should be paid in cash on spot (70€ per person)
- Trekking boots, trekking poles, and rock helmets are available for free
- This excursion is aimed at moderately trained hikers who are comfortable hiking on sandy or uneven terrain
- At the guide's discretion, the excursion may undergo variations in regard to weather conditions, environmental factors, or possible volcanic risks
- The guide is entitled to stop the excursion for any reason that could compromise safety or physical integrity of an individual or the group
- This excursion may be canceled if the minimum number of 4 participants is not reached
- All guests are covered by insurance