My Guide Website?
Cappella Palatina e Palazzo Reale: Patrimonio Unesco
Come and discover the ancient royal palace of Palermo and its Palatine chapel, a unique jewel in the world, entirely covered in gold mosaics, a UNESCO heritage site
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Catania: Agrigento and Piazza Armerina Full-Day Trip
- Piano Provenzana: Guided Mt. Etna Snowshoeing Trek
- Marsala: Winery Tour with Wine Tasting and Local Products
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- You will be able to visit 'the most beautiful church in the world'
- The Royal Palace which has 2,700 years of history.
- You will admire the most beautiful gold mosaics
- The Palace of Frederick II, the king and emperor who amazed the world
DescriptionWith more than 2,700 years of history, the Royal Palace of Palermo (also called Palazzo dei Normanni) is one of those places not to be missed during your trip to Sicily. Once the seat of the Kings of Sicily, it is the oldest royal residence in Europe. Already a fortified castle, at the time of the city's foundation it was profoundly renovated and expanded by the Norman kings of Sicily, making it their main residence, seat of the court, the treasury, and important royal factories. Under Frederick II it hosted the Sicilian Poetic School. Subsequently, for a short period, it was also the Court of the Inquisition and then the seat of the Viceroy as well as the Sicilian Parliament. The Palace contains and protects, like a very precious pearl, 'the most beautiful church in the world'. This is how Guy de Maupassant defined the Palatine Chapel. Built in 1140 by the first king of Sicily, Roger of Hauteville, as a symbol of his power and ambitions, you can admire unique masterpieces such as the Byzantine mosaics on the walls, the Islamic muqarnas ceiling and the marble floored ceiling. inlay of Romanesque tradition. Everything here comes together harmoniously. You will be amazed.
IncludesItalian Only Professional tour guide; Suggestions about more attractions to visit in Palermo
- - The tour takes place only in Italian; - An entrance ticket is required to enter the Palace and the Palatine Chapel. It can be purchased on site or online; - In the event of a storm or adverse weather forecast, the tour could be postponed;