My Guide Website?
Agrigento Valley of the Temples and Kolymbethra Private Tour13 Reviews
Admire the Doric architecture of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Valley of the Temples on a private tour of Agrigento. Visit the beautiful Garden of Kolymbetra to see different botanical species.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Explore a unique UNESCO Cultural World Heritage site in beautiful Sicily
- Learn the history and the fascinating characters that shaped the face of Akragas
- Visit the beautiful Garden of Kolymbetra and see the typical flora of Sicily
DescriptionThe Valley of the Temples is an archaeological site in Agrigento (ancient Greek Akragas), Sicily. It is one of the most outstanding examples of Greater Greece art and architecture and is one of the main attractions of Sicily as well as a national monument of Italy. The area was included in the UNESCO Heritage Site list in 1997. Through this tour, you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, as the Temple of Hera (Juno), the Temple of Concordia, Temple of Herakles (Hercules), the Temple of Zeus (Jupiter) and Sanctuary of chthonic deities. Follow the steps and the words of your expert guide and you will also understand the culture that led to the construction of those majestic structures and you will get to know the characters that made Akragas 'the most beautiful city of mortals'. After the Vally of the Temples, your guide will take you to visit the unmissable Garden of the Kolymbetra: a fascinating colorful place, celebrated by writers and poets from ancient times and often compared to the 'garden of Eden'. The Kolymbetra also represents the most illustrious example of Sicilian arboriculture, namely citrus cultivation.
IncludesPrivate tour Expert guide Tickets for the Valley of the Temples and the Garden of the Kolymbetra
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- Bring water and sunscreen