My Guide Website?
3-Hour Catania Segway PT Authorized Tour4 Reviews
Enjoy an informative Segway tour of Catania. Spend half a day gliding through Catania's medieval streets, while taking in all the historic landmarks. This tour offers the effortless joy of riding a Segway in one of Sicily's most charming towns.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the unique architecture of medieval Catania
- Soak up vibrant Sicilian culture
- Combine the intimacy of a walking tour with the ease of riding your own Segway
- Feast your eyes on marvelous examples of baroque Sicilian architecture
- See Catania's famed lava Elephant Fountain in Piazza Duomo
DescriptionSituated between the Ionian Sea and the slopes of Mt Etna, the town of Catania is rich in folklore, history, and beauty. On this guided Segway tour, you will be able to visit the entire Old Town. Start from the meeting point, where you'll learn how to use your Segway. From here we glide into the heart of the city to reach Piazza Duomo. Taking via Etnea, cross Piazza Università. From here, head to Piazza Vincenzo Bellini where there is the wonderful lyrical theater named after Vincenzo Bellini. Going along Via Etnea, you'll reach Piazza Stesicoro to see the ruins of the Roman amphitheater and the monument to Vincenzo Bellini; Catania’s Swan. Having covered another piece of vibrant Via Etnea, cross the green area of a public garden to reach the town's highest point where you can admire San Nicola church and the Benedictine’s Monastery. After that, continue riding your Segway to Piazza Federico di Svevia, where you will find Ursino Castle; a 13th-century structure that is the only surviving remnant of the medieval town.
- It is not necessary to have a driver’s license for this activity
- Segways are appropriate for virtually anyone, however riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- This tour operates in all weather conditions • There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation, if there are not enough participants to meet the requirements; in this event, you will be offered an alternative or full refund