Taormina Half-Day Private Walking Tour24 Reviews
Discover the romance of Taormina on a 2-, 4-, or 5-hour walking tour, and stroll down typical medieval streets of this “Pearl of the Mediterranean.” Discover the charming scents, sounds and sights, such as the Greek-Roman Theater, and more.
- Experience the magic and romance of Taormina
- Pass the enchanting façade of the San Domenico Church and 10th-century Palazzo Corvaja
- Get stunning views of the Bay of Naxos and Mount Etna from the Greek-Roman Theatre
- Walk down elegant Corso Umberto, and explore the tiny alleys of the historic center
- See the baroque fountain on Piazza del Duomo
DescriptionExperience the magic of the Sicilian resort of Taormina, and discover why it is called the “Pearl of the Mediterranean” on a walking tour tailored just for you. Avoiding the crowds as much as possible, the half-day tour typically starts at Catania Gate, the main entrance to Corso Umberto, an elegant shopping street of boutique stores and chic restaurants. Continue to the 13th-century cathedral on Piazza del Duomo, and wander into the narrow streets of the Jewish Ghetto. Panoramic views are offered from IX April Square and the Clock Tower, while other enchanting sights include the 10th-century Palazzo Corvaja and the façade of the San Domenico cloister, now a beautiful 5-star hotel. Go to the Greek-Roman Theater for sweeping vistas of the Bay of Naxos and Mount Etna. The view of Monte Tauro and Castelmola add to the charm. You will be following in the footsteps of Wagner, Oscar Wilde, Cary Grant, Ingmar Bergmann, and many more celebrities that fell in love with Taormina to help put it on the map.
IncludesGuide Food and drink
- Air-conditioned transfers can be arranged from the harbors of Messina, Catania and Giardini Naxos. This service will be calculated separately from the guide service, and should be paid in cash directly to the driver at the end of the tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY