My Guide Website?
Palermo: Street Food and Local Market Tasting Tour265 Reviews
Explore the markets in Palermo's City Centre with a local food expert. Learn about locals' daily life, and traditional recipes, and taste a range of favorite local foods and seasonal desserts.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Trapani: Favignana and Levanzo Mini Cruise with Lunch
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- Sicily: The Godfather Filming Locations Tour
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- From Trapani: Salt Road Tour With Winery Visit and Boat Trip
- Taste at least 7 different traditional street foods
- Interact with local vendors and make new friends with other travelers
- Have a cheerful toast at the oldest tavern downtown
- Challenge your palate with new and unique flavors
- Explore the food market of Capo and Vucciria with a local
DescriptionExplore the main markets and backstreets of Palermo city center with a local food expert. Escape the usual tourist traps and discover venues loved by the locals for a fully immersive foodie experience. You will easily find arancini around the streets but there is only one place in town that still makes the thousand-year-old recipe, you will find it on this tour. Your guides will have selected various bouquets of traditional street food for you. Enjoy veggie fritters, soft ravazzata with spinach, and a challenging offal sandwich. All tours end with a seasonal dessert. The amount of food will substitute for your lunch. Venture down secret alleyways to chat with street food vendors and colorful characters. Enter the oldest working-class bar downtown and share a drink with Palermitans. The small group tour will allow you to interact with your local guide and collect the best tips to enjoy the city like a local. This is a truly authentic street experience. Local guides discuss many topics besides cuisine in order to make you feel the real street spirit of Palermo.
IncludesLicensed local guide Walking tour 7 street food tastings 3 drinks (2 beers and 1 wine) Seasonal dessert (cannoli or ice cream)
- If there are any vegetarians or pescatarians, please inform the activity provider Traditional street food is mainly fried or baked, fat, fried and full of carbs. One of the tastings also contains entrails This tour is not suitable for vegans, people allergic to gluten, people on a low-carb diet This tour is not wheelchair accessible or suited for those with walking difficulties. There are few opportunities to sit down during the tour The amount of food offered substitutes a full meal