My Guide Website?
Palermo: Street Food and Local Market Tasting Tour104 Reviews
Explore the markets with a local food expert. Learn about locals' daily life, traditional recipes, and taste a range of favorite local foods.
- Taste at least 7 different traditional street foods
- Interact with local vendors and make new friends with other travelers
- Have a cheerful toast in the oldest tavern downtown
- Challenge your palate with new and unique flavors
- Explore the food market of Capo and Vucciria with a local
DescriptionExplore the main markets and backstreets of Palermo city center with a local food expert. Escape the usual tourist traps and discover venues loved by the locals for a fully immersive foodie experience. You will easily find arancini around the streets but there is only one place in town that still makes the thousand-year-old recipe, you will find it on this tour. Your guides will have selected various bouquets of traditional street food for you. Enjoy veggie fritters, soft ravazzata with spinach, and a challenging offal sandwich. All tours end with a seasonal dessert. The amount of food will substitute for your lunch. Venture down secret alleyways to chat with street food vendors and colorful characters. Enter the oldest working-class bar downtown and share a drink with Palermitans. The small group tour will allow you to interact with your local guide and collect the best tips to enjoy the city like a local. This is a truly authentic street experience. Local guides discuss many topics besides cuisine in order to make you feel the real street spirit of Palermo.
IncludesLocal guide 7 street food tastings (substituting a full meal) 2 drinks (1 wine, 1 beer) Seasonal dessert (cannoli or ice cream)
- If your tour is in the morning you will visit the local markets. If it takes place in the evening, your guide will take you around Vucciria and the old port areas as the markets are closed in the evening Please note that the street food snacks can be fried and greasy. One of the tastings also contains entrails This tour is not suitable for vegans or people allergic to gluten This tour is not wheelchair accessible or suited for those with walking difficulties. There are few opportunities to sit down during the tour After every food sample, your guide will stamp your foodie passport to complete your keepsake souvenir