My Guide Website?
Palermo: Art and Architecture Walking Tour123 Reviews
See the sights of Palermo on a 4-hour guided tour especially designed for small groups. Escape the long lines of large group tours as you see iconic monuments such as the magnificent Palermo Cathedral and Teatro Massimo opera house.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Explore the Capella Palatina and Palermo Cathedral
- Walk the medieval streets in Palermo's historic city center
- See the monumental Fontana Pretoria
- Learn the legend of St. Rosalie, patron saint of Palermo
DescriptionDiscover the historical monuments of Palermo on a small group half-day tour, and learn the fascinating history of the city, from its birth under the Phoenicians through the Roman Republic and the Byzantine Empire to the modern day. Wander the winding streets of the Politeama sestiere (district) to see iconic buildings such as the Teatro Politeama and Teatro Massimo, one of the largest opera houses in Europe. Learn about the Arab-Norman era and religious rites at sites such as the 12th-century Cappella Palatina (Palatine Chapel) in the Palazzo Reale. Look in wonder at the splendid façade of Palermo Cathedral, characterized by different architectural styles, from the Gothic through the early Renaissance and Baroque. Learn more about the hidden treasures of the historical center and hear amazing stories that take you on a journey through time.
IncludesLicensed guide Headsets to hear your guide clearly for groups larger than 15 participants
- Those entitled to free entrance must pay a €3 per person reservation fee
- Entrance fees should be paid directly to your guide prior to departure
- Entrance to monuments is free of charge on the 1st Sunday of each month. A €3 per person fee must be paid for booking and headsets
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
- Large bags and backpacks are not permitted inside the monuments
- This service can be canceled up to 48 hours in advance. Cancellations of less than 48 hours notice and no shows are charged in full
- You can book this tour up to 2 days in advance
- The tour can accommodate all ages and your guide will involve both parents and children for the best experience