My Guide Website?
Noto: Historical Walking Tour with a Local Guide10 Reviews
Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Baroque town of Noto in Sicily on a guided walking tour. Stroll through the charming streets from the Royal Gate to the flowing Fountain of Hercules.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Trapani: Favignana and Levanzo Mini Cruise with Lunch
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- Sicily: The Godfather Filming Locations Tour
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- From Trapani: Salt Road Tour With Winery Visit and Boat Trip
- You will visit the historic center that is a Unesco heritage site
- You will learn about the history of the cathedral and its collapse
- You will enjoy a small group experience with a qualified guide
DescriptionThe tour will take place in a small group and with the accompaniment of a qualified tour guide who will tell you about the events of the great earthquake that devastated the Val di Noto in 1693 and the reconstruction of the city, which lives again thanks to its unique monuments and distinctive architecture. The itinerary will start from the Royal Gate and leading to visit from the inside and most beautiful monumental churches that Noto has to offer. You will be able to admire the Church of San Francesco, the Church of the Immaculate Conception and the Church of Santa Chiara, after which you will go up the eccentric Via Nicolaci, famous for the Infiorata and the most beautiful Baroque balconies in Sicily. Finally you will reach the Fountain of Hercules, which inevitably refers to the hero of Greek mythology who, legend has it, is said to have founded several cities in Sicily. In addition to information regarding the monuments and places surrounding Noto, the guide will also advise you regarding the food and wine specialties of the area, which are not to be missed!
IncludesLicensed tour guide Indoor tour of major monumental churches
- To ensure adherence to the Tour schedule, all participants are asked to arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes early In case of adverse weather conditions, the reservation may be subject to change or modification The tour can be conducted in Italian or English The tour is free of charge for ages 0 to 5