My Guide Website?
Mount Etna: Central Crater Tour13 Reviews
Ascend to Etna's central crater. Take a cable car and off-road minibus. Walk on foot to the summit to marvel at the lunar landscape, fumes, gases, and intense sulfur color.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Catania: Agrigento and Piazza Armerina Full-Day Trip
- Piano Provenzana: Guided Mt. Etna Snowshoeing Trek
- Marsala: Winery Tour with Wine Tasting and Local Products
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- discover the many and varied aspects of this volcano
- enjoy the charm of reaching the top of Etna
- discover ancient eruptive cones, lava caves and lava fields
- from the top of the volcano admire the sea and the villages below
- admire the spectacular depression of the 'Valle del Bove'
DescriptionThe excursion that we propose takes place on the southern slope of the volcano and will allow you, in an almost lunar but unique landscape, to reach the central crater of Etna at an altitude of about 3345 m asl. Departure from an altitude of 1900 meters by cable car and off-road minibus up to at the permitted altitude, from this point we continue entirely on foot with the guide up to the maximum point of visit of the summit area of the volcano (central crater). From here you will have the real sensation of walking on a live and pulsating volcano, surrounded by fumes, gases and the intense color of sulphur. From here you will also have the opportunity to admire a splendid panorama of the Ionian coast and the various villages under this majestic volcano. This itinerary also includes the crossing and the visit of ancient eruptive cones and huge lava expanses, as well as the passage in a panoramic area, from where it will be possible to admire the 'Valle del Bove', a large depression, home to the eruptive cones of Etna. Return to the starting point (altitude 1900 meters).
IncludesGuide service (alpine or volcanologic) Equipment
- The tour is subject to weather and volcano conditions and can be canceled or changed by the guide even on the same day Keep in mind you must pay an extra fee of 78 EUR on-site to cover the cable car and jeep ride