My Guide Website?
From Catania: Day Trip to Mount Etna and Taormina130 Reviews
Enjoy a wonderful excursion on Etna, visiting extinguished craters and a lava cave before heading to Taormina for a relaxing afternoon.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Trapani: Favignana and Levanzo Mini Cruise with Lunch
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- Sicily: The Godfather Filming Locations Tour
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- From Trapani: Salt Road Tour With Winery Visit and Boat Trip
- See 2 of the main points of interest of Sicily in just 1 day
- Visit the north slope of Etna and its craters and lava cave at 2000 meters
- Enjoy a lunch made of typical Sicilian products, water, and a glass of wine
- Discover the city of Taormina in the afternoon
DescriptionHike to the highest active volcano in Europe, Mt Etna, and continue to the characteristic town of Taormina on a guided day trip from Catania with return hotel transfers. Visit old craters and lava flow caves and sit down for a picnic lunch in nature with a glass of wine. Start with a pickup from your accommodation in Catania and make your way to Etna. Get introduced to the fascinating world of volcanic phenomena by your guide. Gear up in hiking equipment and walk through ancient woods, extinct craters and past lava flows on Etna. Explore a volcanic cave and the surrounding landscape of Etna. After working up an appetite, enjoy a packed lunch with some typical street food products in an open area. In case of bad weather, go to a refuge to munch on sandwiches. Next, head to the historical center of Taormina for a self-guided visit. Admire the Ionian coast on one side and Mount Etna on the other, immersed in a picturesque atmosphere. Visit the elegant avenue that separates the medieval city gates, Porta Catania and Porta Messina, walk down the alleys, and see the Greek theater. After your visit to Taormina, jump back on board for the return trip to Catania.
IncludesNaturalistic guide (i.e. Geologists, biologists, agronomists) Hotel pickup and drop-off in Catania (or in a agreed meeting point close to your accommodation) Lunch Water Glass of wine Hiking equipment (helmets, torches, hiking boots, wind jackets, and snowshoes) Transfer to Taormina
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet minimum number requirements
- In the event of this occurring, or in case of bad weather conditions you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Trekking shoes and jackets are available for free at the moment of the booking if requested
- Equipment for children (car seat, booster seats, baby carriers) are rentable for free, on request. Please inform the tour operator at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Vegetarian, vegan and celiac options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible