Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace4 Reviews
Admire Taormina in a whole new light on a 2.5-hour sunset small group walking tour strolling its magic streets lit with romantic evening light. Enjoy an aperitif on a rooftop terrace with distinctive views of Etna and the illuminated Ionian coastline.
- Admire 'the pearl of the Mediterranean' in a whole new light during a 2.5-hour sunset walking small group tour
- Learn the history and culture of Taormina and Sicily itself from the local knowledgeable guide
- Feel the unique relaxed atmosphere of the most famous Sicilian resort strolling down its magic medieval streets lit with romantic evening lights
- See important sights, such as Palazzo Corvaja, Odeon, ancient churches, Piazza IX Aprile, Duomo square and more
- Enjoy an aperitif on a rooftop terrace of one of the best restaurants of Taormina with distinctive views of smoking Etna and illuminated Ionian coast
DescriptionMeet your professional local guide at a centrally located point in the historic center of Taormina - Porta Messina, and start your small group 2.5-hour sunset promenade, or like Italians say 'paseggiata.' You will walk the main street of Taormina – Corso Umberto - vibrant and lively, but still relaxed and romantic when the sun goes down. Walk from the ancient historic gates of Porta Messina to Porta Catania and see such important monuments like Palazzo Corvaja, the 2nd century Roman theatre Odeon, ancient Roman naumachia, old churches of San Pancrazio, Santa Caterina, San Giuseppe and other. Stop to admire a spectacular view of Mount Etna and the Ionian coastline opening from the terrace of Piazza IX Aprile, then continue to Piazza Duomo to see the main cathedral of Taormina and the symbol of the town – ancient fountain holding a centaur with a female head. From your friendly licensed local guide, who is truly in love with his home town, you will hear about the history and interesting facts of Taormina, learn about the influence of the Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, Normans and Spaniards presented at each step, each stone and in the everyday life of the town – its architecture, culture, cuisine, language and even the Sicilian mindset. You will feel the unique atmosphere of Taormina at sunset, when its charming streets are lit with romantic lights, the air is full of beautiful scents of citrus and fresh seafood and local musicians perform live on the streets and squares. You will end your sunset tour on the terrace of one of the best restaurants in Taormina with a glass of Aperol spritz or wine accompanied with light appetizers, admiring the incredible view of Mount Etna and illuminated Ionian coastline.
IncludesSmall group walking tour of Taormina Professional English-speaking guide Glass of Aperol spritz or Sicilian wine with light snacks VAT and taxes Gratuities (optional) Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability