My Guide Website?
Sicily: Mount Etna's North Slope Craters Guided Hike Tour5 Reviews
Find paradise for nature lovers trekking across the craters of Mount Etna. See the North slope with your guide, where in 2002 some new craters formed and violent eruptions took place.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Trapani: Favignana and Levanzo Mini Cruise with Lunch
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- Sicily: The Godfather Filming Locations Tour
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- From Trapani: Salt Road Tour With Winery Visit and Boat Trip
- Feel the colossal dominance of Mount Etna on the Sicilian landscape
- Visit the north slope craters to experience the power of active volcanoes
- Enjoy panoramic views as you traverse the mountainside
- Discover the never-ending transformation process of natural terrains
- Get expert insight to the importance of studying these mountains
DescriptionSee the glory of Sicily’s Mount Etna with a tour guide who will provide you with all the facts you need about these impressive rock formations. Hike to the northern slope for beautiful views of mountains and forests. Explore the craters to appreciate the tremendous impact of volcanic eruptions. Meet your guide at Piano Provenzana, where many tourists visit each year for the renowned ski resort. Receive a safety briefing with details of your excursion before heading out to Mount Etna. Start your trek on an easy path along the edge of the lava flow, before your ascent begins through an idyllic forest of beech trees. Reach the base of the craters on the northern side of the volcano, where the most important eruption of the last few decades took place. Carefully cross the lava flow that leaks through the side craters and learn about the fascinating science behind mountains and volcanoes. Follow the path to a deep canyon engraved by the enormous magmatic mass that flooded and partially destroyed the centuries-old Ragabo Pinewood. Walking on the edge of the craters and going along their entire perimeter, admire some majestic landscapes that only Etna can give you. Here, easily imagine the power a volcano can release during an eruption. Take your time making your way back, absorbing the scenic natural surroundings.
- Depending on weather conditions, the reservation may be subject to change or cancellation Please arrive at the meeting point at least 30 minutes in advance