My Guide Website?
Palermo: Pizza and Gelato Cooking Class with Dinner and Wine178 Reviews
Learn how to make pizza and chocolate gelato under the supervision of a chef during this cooking class in Palermo. Later, enjoy your own creation over wine, and go home with a digital booklet of recipes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Lear from an Italian chef how to make the real pizza!
- Discover how to make chocolate gelato!
- Savor Your Culinary Creations
- Receive a Comprehensive Digital Recipe Booklet
- Follow the Guidance of a Skilled 'Pizzaiolo'
DescriptionThis pizza making class is a memorable way to spend an afternoon in Palermo, especially if you’re travelling with your family. Guided by a pizzaiolo, first, you’ll stretch the dough and make the base ready for fresh toppings of tomato and mozzarella cheese. And you’ll also discover how to make gelato - both main course and dessert are sorted! Pizza is probably the world’s favourite food, and where better to learn than Italy? As you’re in Palermo, you’ll also see how a traditional “sfincione palermitano”is made. In English, that means thick sponge, so this is a little different to the thin-based traditional Neapolitan pizza you might be used to - not that that makes it any less mouthwatering. Watch your pizzaiolo make the thick, bready dough and pay attention because you’ll pick up plenty of tips that you can use to take home when cooking in your own kitchen! Your pizza chef will show you how to stretch, sauce, bake and slice your creation. But your dough is going to have to rest before you sample your creation. However, we’ve got the time you’d otherwise be waiting filled with two activities. Firstly, anyone over 18 can sample wines. Then, everybody will learn (demostration) how to make chocolate gelato and the cone to put it in. Your chef will also take you through the history of Italian ice cream - perfect! Once everything is ready, you’ll be able to eat your delicious pizza and gelato. However, that’s not the end of the class. You’ll get a souvenir to take home - a digital booklet with recipes so you can make pizza and gelato for your family and friends back home, who are sure to be impressed! An unforgettable afternoon, you’ll learn about Italian culture and its most delicious specialities while enjoying a fun and easy experience with your family.
IncludesPizza and Gelato lesson with a local Chef Use of apron and cooking utensils All ingredients for pizza and gelato Gelato making show cooking Dinner with Wine and Marsala wine - soft drinks for children Graduation Certificate Digital Booklet with recipes Demonstration of 'SFINCIONE' making (PIZZA PALERMITANA)
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance. Unfortunately this cooking class is not suitable for celiacs. Vegetarians and/or those suffering from intolerance and/or allergies are more than welcome: vegetarian and other alternative recipes are available and included (advance notice is appreciated).