My Guide Website?
Palermo: Anti-mafia Bike Tour16 Reviews
Take a group Palermo bike tour that is a tribute to the memory of heroes like Falcone and Borsellino, whose murders pushed the Sicilian people to react against the Mafia.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- From Taormina: Siracusa & Noto Small-Group Tour
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- Noto, Modica and Ragusa: The Baroque Tour from Catania
- Catania: Noto, Modica and Ragusa Ibla Baroque Tour
- Ride through the alleys of Palermo and by the docks of the harbor
- Learn about Falcone e Borsellino and why he meant so much to Sicilians
- Discover the grass-roots anti-mafia movement 'Addiopizzo'
- Explore the suburbs of Palermo
DescriptionDiscover how Palermo is healing from wounds inflicted by Mafia violence that peaked with massacres in 1992 with this group bike tour. Ride through the pedestrian areas of Palermo's old town and along the bike paths connect to the outskirts. Hear about how anti-mafia campaigners where inspired to take collective action. Be inspired by how young people today are still committed to improving society and pushing for change by volunteering in grass-roots movements like Libera and Addiopizzo. Learn more about these movements and their tactics as you ride through the city.
IncludesBicycle Helmet Tour guide
- The meeting point is near public transportation Infant seats are available Cycle mostly on bicycle paths and bike lanes, but please expect to ride on roads that are open to vehicular traffic as well It is recommend that all participants be comfortable riding in an urban environment