My Guide Website?
Palermo: Agrigento and the Valley of the Temples Day Tour162 Reviews
Explore Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples and learn more about this fascinating historic site. Visit temples to the gods built by Greek colonists and stop at the The scala dei turchi Beach Empedocle.
- Take in the history of the ancient countryside at your own pace with a guidebook
- Walk along or go into the ancient Greek temples of Hera, Concordia and Apollo
- Visit The Scala Dei Turchi Beach in San Leone as you decide where to eat lunch
- Enjoy the opportunity to visit the Agrigento Archaeology Museum's collections
- Relax with transportation to and from Palermo and the Valley of the Temples
DescriptionEnjoy a scenic drive into the countryside to Agrigento on this full-day excursion from Palmero, with stops to see ancient temples. Visit local museums and learn about the country's rich history before being transferred back to Palermo. The excursion includes a short stop for a coffee en route to Agrigento, before arriving at the Valley of the Temples. You can further explore the Hera, Concordia and Apollo temples and Hardcastle villa, with a guidebook that will provide more information about the sites. You’ll have free time to decide on a place for lunch, before your driver takes you to the Agrigento Archaeology Museum. After exploring the museum’s collections, you'll be driven back to Palermo.
IncludesDriver Pick-up and drop-off from/at the port or centrally located hotels Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing so you can enjoy your excursion to Agrigento to the fullest.