My Guide Website?
Mount Etna: Volcano Craters Hiking Tour88 Reviews
Explore Mount Etna in complete safety with a specialist guide on this high-altitude trek. Take a cable car up and discover a small basalt canyon, fumaroles, and recent lava flows near the top craters.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Feel hot volcanic rocks underfoot as you walk past steaming lava flows
- Discover a lunar volcanic landscape on Mount Etna and admire breathtaking views
- Get up close to the fumaroles that spew hot gases from underground
- Enjoy explanations of geology and volcanology from a licensed guide
- Discover the incredible effects of recent eruptions and trek at high altitude
DescriptionClimb up to an altitude of 3,000 meters and enjoy incredible panoramic views near the top craters of Mount Etna. Join a certified guide on a unique adventure from Rifugio Sapienza and safely explore an active volcano, by staying away from the danger zone. Begin at the Bar Esagonal at an altitude of 1,900 meters. Take a scenic cable car ride up to an altitude of 2,500 meters before starting your trek on Mount Etna. With special authorization for scientific purposes, pass the current altitude limit of 2750 meters and push to a height of 3000 meters with your guide (only without major altitude sickness in the group). Touch fumaroles with hot gas emissions and pass by the banks of still-steaming lava flow from the most recent eruptions. You will visit a small basalt canyon (if not buried by snow) and then arrive at the base of the most active crater at the moment, the Southeast Crater. Next, head to the large craters of 2002, then descend a path (full of snow in winter) to the cable car station to return to the starting point.
IncludesAuthorized volcanological guide Trekking poles Helmets Accident insurance Etna entry fee Warm jackets Trekking shoes Backpack
- This activity requires a minimum of 6 participants in total In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will advise you in order to communicate the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, at the earliest possible date There is no advance payment for transportation. The guide will take you inside the office of the Funivia dell'Etna for the payment of the return tickets, just before the departure The route consists of the ascent and walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals The trekking is for moderately trained hikers The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force Without adequate shoes, you are not covered by insurance