My Guide Website?
Mount Etna: Roundtrip Cable Car and 4x4 Bus Ticket459 Reviews
Climb to the summit of Mount Etna with your priority access roundtrip cable car ticket. Tour the volcano at an altitude of 9,500 feet aboard a unique 4x4 bus and walk around with a volcano guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Witness a panoramic view of the volcano and Ionian Coast in a single look
- Make your way up Mount Etna to over 8,200 feet (2,500 m) on a cable car
- Take on volcanic terrain while riding a 4x4 bus and reach even higher heights
- Follow your guide at the bottom of the Central Crater and learn about the area
- Non-stop departures, ticket valid all day long during the opening hours.
DescriptionRide the cable car up Mount Etna and enjoy a tour at the bottom of the summit craters. Explore the area in a 4x4 bus designed to manage the terrain. Step out of the bus to learn about the volcano on a short walking tour with your guide. Validate your ticket at the 'Priority pass' ticket office which is located at the entrance of the 'Funivia dell'Etna' station. Your adventure begins at an altitude of approximately 6,300 feet (1.900 m) at the “Funivia dell’Etna” departure station. Reach the upper station at approximately 8,200 feet above sea level (2.500 m). In case of strong wind, your ascent will be carried out by the 4x4 buses. Once reaching the upper station, board a special 4x4 bus to reach the maximum summit height area allowed (approximately 9,500 feet/2.900 m). Continue your experience with an alpine-volcano guide to check out the surrounding area. Together with your guide appreciate the enchanted scenery at the bottom of the Central Crater that, with conditions of full visibility, allows you to get lost in the view of a large part of eastern Sicily. In case of snow, your ascent will be carried out with special tracked vehicles (snowcat). After spending about 30 minutes exploring, return to the cable car station and make your way back down the volcano with your roundtrip ticket.
IncludesSkip-the-line roundtrip cable car and 4x4 bus ticket Alpine/volcano guide for part of the tour Open ticket (valid all day long from 8:30 AM-2:00 PM)
- The service is available every day, all year long (according to the weather and/or technical needs). In the event that the safety conditions cannot be guaranteed, due to the weather or other factors, the itinerary may suffer changes and the walk may not be guaranteed. The cable car is under maintenance, the service can be carried out entirely with the 4x4 bus during the last months of 2023. In case of snow, you will have to pay the price difference to use a snowcat on the day of the service