My Guide Website?
From Taormina: Valley of The Temples & Piazza Armerina Tour25 Reviews
Enjoy a 1-day excursion through Sicily by bus with an expert tour leader. Visit the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento. Then, after lunch, depart to Piazza Armerina to visit the Roman Villa del Casale with its famous mosaics.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Syracuse: Ragusa Ibla, Noto and Modica Private Day Trip
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Mount Etna: Summit Crater Trek with Cable Car and 4x4 Option
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- Agrigento: Valley of the Temples Gardens Picnic Experience
- Enjoy a bus excursion through the beautiful Sicily
- See the ancient Valley of the Temples in Agrigento
- Explore ancient domestic life at the Villa Romana del Casale at Piazza Armerina
DescriptionJoin this tour of Agrigento and Piazza Armerina so you can see two of Sicily’s most famous historical features: the Valley of the Temples and the Villa Romana del Casale. Situated just outside Agrigento, the splendid Valley of the Temples archaeological park consists of 8 separate temples and various other ruins built between about 510 BC and 430 BC including: the Temple of Concordia, the Temple of Heracles, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Temple of Castor and Pollux, the Temple of Hephaestos, the Temple of Demeter, and the Temple of Asclepius. Aside from the latter, found on the banks of the Akragas River, all are situated in the same area on the rocky crests south of modern-day Agrigento - not really in a valley at all. Your second stop is Piazza Armerina, situated deep in the Sicilian hinterland, at 721 meters above sea level, this is one of Sicily’s most frequented tourist spots. This area is known for the famous Villa Romana del Casale, which was originally intended for use as a hunting lodge in the middle of the 4th Century AD by a Roman patrician but is now home to some of the best-preserved examples of Roman mosaics. These extraordinarily vivid and intricate mosaics, probably produced mostly by North African artisans, deal with a range of subjects, ranging from Homeric escapades and mythological scenes to portrayals of daily life, including the famous tableau of girls exercising in their ancient bikinis. It's a must do stop on your trip to Italy.
IncludesTransportation by coach Tour leader service Local guide service in Agrigento VAT and Taxes
- It is recommended you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and a hat/visor The tour requires a minimum quantity of 12 participants in order to be confirmed