My Guide Website?
From Taormina: Half-Day Mount Etna Morning Trek284 Reviews
Hike around the perimeters of extinct craters on Mount Etna on a half-day tour from Taormina. Benefit from the expert knowledge of a guide trained in volcanology, biology or geology. Walk along paths covered in lava and enter a lava cave.
- Hike around the perimeters of extinct craters through ancient woods and along lava paths
- Visit the volcanic underground and discover one of Etna's amazing lava caves
- Enjoy a light lunch in a Etna winery/restaurant
DescriptionAdmire the breathtaking views from Mount Etna on a half-day morning trek from Taormina. Visit craters, explore lava tunnels, and learn about this otherworldly landscape from your guide. Enjoy lunch and wine tasting after the hike. Depart Taormina in the morning and journey to the foothills of Mt. Etna. En route, enjoy insightful commentary about your surroundings from your guide. Arrive at Mount Etna and hike for approximately 1.5 hours around the perimeters of extinct craters. Walk through ancient woods and along paths covered in lava at about 2,000 meters above sea level. Get a better understanding of this active volcano and its surrounding landscape from your guide. Learn about its geology and history before heading underground to explore one of the lava caves. Then, head to a local café for a savory sandwich, wine, and dessert, followed by almond wine tasting. Savor this Sicilian sweet wine before being returned to your hotel in the afternoon.
IncludesTrained guide Equipment Rental of hiking boots, jacket, walking stick (and snow shoes in wintertime) Insurance Light lunch Return transfers
- This tour involves up to 2 hours of trekking. It is therefore not suitable for people with heart or respiratory problems, those who have difficulty walking or are not in a good state of health
- Please note that tours in French or Spanish can only be arranged if adequate prior notice is given